Working out how to look after my body and mind is key
Supplementing with high strength fish oil has been a life saver.
Omega 3s are essential fatty acids that the body cannot produce on its own. We can only rely on food. There are many types of Omega 3s. ALA (alpha-linolenic acid), EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) are the most well known. EPA and DHA are found in oily fish like salmon and sardines. ALA, on the other hand, is found in some nuts and seeds, as well as high-quality cuts of meat like grass-fed beef.
I find Omega 3 is most beneficial when training for a marathon. I suffer from ganglion cysts in my knees; whilst strength and stability training really help to improve my joint health, supplementing helps even more. I also have post
I started taking Omega 3 supplements following DNA Fit testing, extensive research for my conditions and after qualifying as a Nutritional Therapist. I can honestly say it has improved all my symptoms. I highly recommend Bare Biology’s products because they’re pure and contain a high enough strength of EPA and DHA that means they work (and I’m not being paid or sponsored to write this article; I genuinely believe in their products).
How Omega 3 may benefit you
- It reduces inflammation in the body, improving joint and digestive health. This could lead to improved immunity and wellbeing. It’s especially important if you do a lot of impact sports, are prone to digestive issues or generally want to look after your joints and
- It helps with improved mental performance, memory and cognitive functioning. The brain is made up of 60% fat, primarily DHA. The nervous system relies on good levels of fat for fast and effective cell to cell communication. Critically, Omega 3 DHA helps with the development of your baby’s brain too. It’s been shown to support neurological conditions like attention deficit disorders as well.
- It can help to look after your heart, reduce blood pressure, balance cholesterol and
blood sugars. Obviously this is combined with gentle, regular exercise, good quality foods, balancing stress and getting decent rest. stabilise
- It could improve the quality, tone and condition of your skin. Omega 3 is a fabulous beauty supplement. It brightens your eyes too, giving you a youthful, radiant appearance.
- It can improve your mood and reduce depression or anxiety. For best results combine it with mindfulness and other positive daily habits.
When it comes to getting enough Omega 3s in your diet, eating plenty of Omega 3 rich
Kim Ingleby has the passion and skills to help you achieve your goals. Following three years of complex neurological, brain and liver problems from Post Weils Encephalitis, Kim has mastered the art of achieving success against all odds. She’s featured on TEDx, sharing her expertise on how to overcome adversity and how to be brave. She’s raised almost £80k for charity, coached Team GB, Body Confidence for Women and Strictly Come Dancing pros. Kim is a triple award winning personal trainer, DNAFit consultant, NLP