Louisa Drake is a ﬁtness expert and founder of The Louisa Drake Method, a unique ﬁtness-fusion approach to working out. The Method is based upon her illustrious industry experience and deep understanding of women’s bodies and how they can transform through exercise. Noted as ‘the A-list celebrities’ best kept secret’, her method creates a longer, leaner and strengthened physique. Between seeing clients, Louisa teaches classes at Equinox, is an ambassador for Sweaty Betty and has recently launched her LDM pop-up classes around London’s most exclusive gyms. We’re so excited Louisa’s shared her 15 minute ‘Get Peachy’ guide for longer, leaner legs and a peachy posterior.
I love using resistance bands to really challenge my clients’ workouts. They are kind on joints and create a new way to stimulate muscle growth as they provide you with constant tension. Unlike free weights, you are able to hit a full range of motion, working more muscle. It’s a great way to increase flexibility, strength and control, ultimately achieving super sexy elongated muscles. Plus, they’re lightweight and affordable, making them ideal for travel and giving you the freedom to train practically anywhere!
Use your resistance band and ball to sculpt, strengthen and lengthen with my transformative 15 minute workout.
Curtsy Lunge & Bicep Curl
- Hold onto the ends of the band, step one foot into the centre, knees and toes turned out diagonally, step the other leg horizontally behind.
- Position: Hips and torso squared with arms lengthened, palms facing front.
- Movement: Bend the back knee so you’re in a curtsy and pull the band towards your shoulders, bending at the elbows. Hold for two seconds before lifting back to standing tall, squeezing your glutes tight.
- Perform 10-12 reps then repeat on the other side.
Shoulder Bridge Sequence One
- Lie back on your mat and bend knees, feet flat and parallel with your ball in-between knees.
- Arms rest alongside your body with fingertips towards heels.
- Lift and peel the pelvis off the mat making a straight line from hips to shoulders.
- Shoulder blades and arms press into the mat as you tuck, lift hips an inch or two, squeeze the ball as hard as you can then lower hips a few inches.
- Perform 8-10 reps slowly and in a controlled way.
- Play around with the pace and speed the movement up for 3 x sets of 8 reps.
Shoulder Bridge Sequence two
- Release from Shoulder Bridge Sequence One, remove the ball and place behind working leg, bend at knee and squeeze the ball.
- Working leg is in a tabletop position. Start to lift pelvis off mat into a single leg bridge.
- Lower and lift the working leg, tapping the toes on the mat then pulling knee towards chest.
- It helps to press into the supporting foot and press shoulders into the mat. Stay lifted on the supporting side and keep hips level.
- Perform 8-10 reps then transition into Shoulder Bridge Sequence Three on the same working leg...
Shoulder Bridge Sequence three
- Transition from Shoulder Bridge Sequence Two.
- Reach around and grab the ball.
- Lengthen the working leg, ball to chest, push shoulders and elbows into the mat.
- Start to tuck and lift hips up maintaining a straight leg. Imagine you are aiming to touch your toes to the ceiling. Perform 10-12 reps.
- Release, take a quick stretch then repeat Sequence Two and Three on the other leg.
- Start on your hands and knees with knees under hips. Hold onto the ends of the band, step the working foot onto the centre of the band.
- Plant palms onto the floor, under shoulders, ends of band underneath palms and press heel back.
- Your spine is neutral, pull belly button tight towards spine. Eye line past fingertips and keep a long neck.
- Slowly press thigh back, working leg is bent parallel into a donkey kick. Drive heel up towards the ceiling, hold for two seconds then lower knee a few inches. Perform 10-12 Reps.
- Lower knee to mat then extend the leg and straighten the band, pressing through the heel and engaging the glutes. Perform 10-12 reps.
- Release and stretch into a child’s pose and reset for the second side.
- Wrap the band around both thighs, just past knees, with knees together and space for two fingers between you and the band. Tie the band to secure and lie on one side.
- Lying on one side, elbow under shoulder, hips stacked, knees together inline with hips.
- Keeping feet together start to lift top knee up, pressing the band away to open the legs ‘clamshell’, then lift the underneath foot off the floor. Lower top knee to close the legs and repeat.
- Make sure the hips don’t swing around and maintain a lift through spine, no sinking into the shoulder. Perform 10-12 reps and repeat other side.
- For Peachy points try and keep the underneath foot off the floor throughout and add extra repetitions.
Well done, you’ve got peachy!
For even more Louisa Drake fitness and peachy tips visit Louisa's website.