As the evenings start to draw in, we love to cosy up with this warming winter drink.
As well as the health benefits from the various ground spices, the flavours balance beautifully to create a delicious, spiced milky drink. Don’t have all of them in your pantry? Any combination of them will still work well. Try to make sure you put cinnamon in because it can balance your blood sugar levels and help to put a lid on the sweet cravings that often go hand in hand with the longer evenings.
If you’re using honey to sweeten, make sure you allow the milk to cool slightly before adding so as not to damage its nutrients.
This spiced milky drink is like a big mug of hygge, so grab yourself a cup and settle in until spring.
Caffeine free, dairy free
- 200ml - 250ml coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 pitted date (to taste)
- Half teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon of Bare Biology's Skinful Marine Collagen
1. Heat the coconut milk in a pan until warm, making sure it doesn't boil
2. Pour the milk into a high-powered blender
3. Add all the remaining ingredients and blend until well combined and frothy
4. Pour into your favourite mug and enjoy