Recipe by BANT Registered Nutritional Practitioner Neleta Winter
Made with yummy ingredients and Strawberry-Flavoured Skinful Marine Collagen Powder + Vitamin C to support your skin from within, this is the perfect quick breakfast for busy mornings.
- 3 tbsp chia seeds - rich in healthy fats, particularly omega 3, which has anti-inflammatory properties that strengthen the epidermis (top layer of skin).
- 1 tbsp Bare Biology’s Skinful Marine Collagen + Vitamin C powder - supports hair, skin, nails and bones.
- 1/4 cup almond milk - rich in vitamin E, an antioxidant that can help lower inflammation and clean up free radicals which can be damaging to skin.
- 1/4 cup plain yoghurt (optional kefir) - contains probiotics to help support gut health as well as restore your skin’s natural barrier. Also rich in zinc and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Handful of raspberries - high in vitamin C to support collagen production.
- 3 strawberries - high in vitamin C to support collagen production, as well as ellagic acid, an antioxidant that produces a strong photoprotective effect on our skin which protects against UV damage and prevents collagen destruction.
- 1 kiwi - high in vitamin C.
- Pumpkin seeds - rich in Zinc which helps to reduce inflammation, heal tissues and smooth skin.
- Chop the strawberries and add them to a bowl with the raspberries.
- Add the chia seeds, collagen, yoghurt and almond milk and mix well.
- Leave overnight or at least an hour and then top with a little more yoghurt, kiwi and pumpkin seeds.