Georgia, our Customer Service Executive, recently made us these delicious collagen bliss balls and they were absolutely delicious! Full of protein and healthy fats, they are a perfect post-gym pick me up or mid afternoon snack.
You will need:
- A blender
- A baking tray
- A plate
Mix makes roughly 10 x balls
Gluten-free, dairy-free and refined-sugar free
1st blitz ingredients
- 100g raw cashews (pre-roasted in the oven for 10 mins at 180 degrees)
- 50g desiccated coconut (+ 20g for decoration at the end)
- 25g oats (or sub the oats for more coconut if you prefer)
- 3 x dried figs (soaked in boiling water for 5 mins)
- A pinch of salt
2nd blitz ingredients
3rd blitz ingredients
- 3 tbsp freeze-dried strawberries ( + 2 tbsp for decoration at the end)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and tip the cashews onto the baking tray.
2. Once the oven is heated pop the cashews in to roast for 10 minutes or until golden. In the meantime, boil the kettle.
3. Put the figs into a mug and cover with the boiling water, leaving to soak for 5 mins. Once soaked remove the water and leave to one side.
4. Add the coconut oil to a small pan and melt gently. Once it's a liquid consistency leave to one side.
5. Remove the cashews from the oven and leave to cool.
6. Once the cashews have cooled, the figs are soaked and the coconut oil is melted, tip all of the '1st blitz' ingredients into the blender and blitz for a few seconds until roughly broken up.
7. Next tip the '2nd blitz' ingredients into the blender and blitz the mix again for a few seconds until combined. You should now have a lovely soft mix.
8. Add the freeze-dried strawberries and blend again for a few seconds until they are roughly mixed (It doesn't matter if they're not running through the mix perfectly, it's better not to over-blend).
9. Remove the blade from the blender and start taking small chunks of the mix. Roll into balls - I use roughly 40g of the mix per ball.
10. Tip the spare coconut and strawberries onto a plate.
11. Roll each ball into the melted coconut oil and then roll it through the coconut and strawberries. This should create a lovely coating on the outside of your treats.
12. Sit back and enjoy! The bliss balls will keep in a sealed container somewhere cool or in the fridge for up to a week. You can also freeze them for up to a month.