Salted Caramel Collagen Bars
Makes 12 bars
40g Brazil nuts (blitzed)
40g Cashews (crushed)
35g almond (sliced)
30g sunflower seeds
50g puffed rice
4 tablespoons Bare Biology's Skinful Marine Collagen Powder
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon of Ceylon cinnamon
Generous Sprinkle of Salt
(Optional ceremonial cacao/dark chocolate)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a sandwich bag, squash and crumble your Brazil nuts, cashews and almonds.
3. In a bowl of warm water, leave your dates to soak until soft.
4. In a large mixing bowl combine your nuts, seeds, puffed rice and collagen powder.
5. Once the dates have softened drain and place into a blender with your coconut oil, Ceylon cinnamon 1 teaspoon of filtered water and blend.
6. Once blended, pour onto the nuts and seed mixture and combine to form a thick and sticky texture (you may need to add more water to make sticky.
7. Place in bar moulds if you have them or alternatively into a lined baking tray and ensure they’re nice and tightly fit.
8. Place in the oven for 20 minutes at 150 degrees.
9. Once baked you can melt some chocolate to drizzle over or leave to cool for an hour before removing from your moulds or slicing from the baking tray.
Recipe by Eleanor Hoath @wellnourished_nutrition.