Jo from Modern food stories has created the perfect mix of ingredients to keep those bugs at bay!
Recipe makes: 9
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 40g (1/2 cup) of desiccated coconut
- 100g (1 cup) of ground almonds
- 45g (1/4 cup) of pumpkin seeds
- 35g (1/4 cup) of sunflower seeds
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of soft coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of Manuka honey
- 2 drops of Vitamin D3 (optional)
- Desiccated coconut
- Place the coconut and seeds in high-speed food processor and blitz until fine.
- Mix the ground coconut, almonds, seeds, lemon zest and juice, soft coconut oil and Manuka honey together in a bowl. Use your hands to bring together to form a dough.
- Split the mixture into 9 and roll into round balls. Roll in a little extra desiccated coconut and place on a baking tray in the fridge to set, ideally for at least 5 minutes.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Option to eat straight from the fridge for a chilled, dense ball or bring to room temperature for a slightly softer, moist texture.
“Food is one of life’s most powerful medicines. I believe the secret to radiant health starts and ends with a healthy gut so my recipes are all grain, gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. I love wholesome, natural food. Heaps of vegetables, eggs, nuts, organic meat, fish and some low GI fruits as a treat. For me, it’s about keeping things simple but using these food groups in a fun, creative way to nourish and support your body.” Jo, founder of Modern food stories.
For more recipes from Jo click here.