Fight the flu season with these super tasty lemon and manuka honey immunity bites. Jo from Modern food stories has created the perfect mix of ingredients to keep those bugs at bay! The Sicilian lemon provides essential vitamin C to boost your immune system, whilst the Manuka honey with its antibacterial qualities will help ward off the dreaded colds. Get Jo's recipe here...
Recipe makes: 9
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 40g (1/2 cup) of desiccated coconut
- 100g (1 cup) of ground almonds
- 45g (1/4 cup) of pumpkin seeds
- 35g (1/4 cup) of sunflower seeds
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of soft coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of Manuka honey
- 2 drops of Vitamin D3 (optional)
- Desiccated coconut
- Place the coconut and seeds in high-speed food processor and blitz until fine.
- Mix the ground coconut, almonds, seeds, lemon zest and juice, soft coconut oil and Manuka honey together in a bowl. Use your hands to bring together to form a dough.
- Split the mixture into 9 and roll into round balls. Roll in a little extra desiccated coconut and place on a baking tray in the fridge to set, ideally for at least 5 minutes.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Option to eat straight from the fridge for a chilled, dense ball or bring to room temperature for a slightly softer, moist texture.
“Food is one of life’s most powerful medicines. I believe the secret to radiant health starts and ends with a healthy gut so my recipes are all grain, gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. I love wholesome, natural food. Heaps of vegetables, eggs, nuts, organic meat, fish and some low GI fruits as a treat. For me, it’s about keeping things simple but using these food groups in a fun, creative way to nourish and support your body.” Jo, founder of Modern food stories.
For more recipes from Jo click here.