Recipe by Hormone Nutritionist Hannah Alderson mBANT IFMCP
This anti-inflammatory, blood sugar balancing recipe is perfect for those suffering with PCOS symptoms. Full of antioxidants, protein and fats, this chia pudding is the perfect quick and easy breakfast option.
For best results make this recipe the night before.
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds: full of anti-inflammatory omega 3 (PCOS is driven by inflammation).
- 3 tablespoons of organic oats: a complex carb which offers energy boosts and when styled right it will keep blood sugar balanced (major part of PCOS due to insulin resistance).
- 3 teaspoons of raw cacao powder: full of zinc, potassium and magnesium, all important nutrients for PCOS.
- 250ml kefir (coconut based): supporting gut health and adding more fat to help regulate the glucose from the oats.
- 100g frozen pitted cherries: picking a whole fruit instead of sugar or honey is the best way to add sweetness to a recipe to keep glucose levels lower.
- 3 tablespoons of Bare Biology's Skinful collagen + Vitamin C Powder: a great source of protein and fabulous for skin health!
- 50-100ml water.
- Add the ingredients to a glass container (apart from the water) and mix well.
- Pop in the fridge overnight.
- It's worth giving it an extra mix before bed and adding a little splash of water.
- Enjoy the next day with toppings of your choice - I recommend flaked almonds and fresh berries.
- Make sure you eat it within 3 days.