Recipe by BANT Registered Nutritional Practitioner Neleta Winter
Made with Action Heroes Omega-3 Liquid this yummy chocolate smoothie is packed full of essential nutrients to help support children's brain health and development.
- 1 banana - contains tryptophan which is essential for memory and uplifting mood.
- Handful of kale leaves - leafy greens help to support brain health and memory.
- Handful of blueberries - can increase blood flow to key areas of the brain which supports improvements in memory and attention.
- 1 tbsp almond butter - loaded with magnesium, important for cognition.
- 1 heaped tbsp cacao powder - rich in flavonols which have been shown to improve blood flow to the brain which can significantly improve mental focus and attention span.
- 1ml Bare Biology's Action Heroes Omega-3 liquid - Offers 500mg of essential omega-3 DHA, (one of the most important building blocks of your child’s brain).
- 200ml milk - to combine.
Add all the ingredients to a blender, whizz until smooth and enjoy!