Some of the first things I was taught when completing my postgraduate nutritional therapy training was the importance of addressing chronic inflammation and that our skin is the window to our internal environment. This was at the forefront of my mind when creating this simple snack bar.
This recipe is packed full of wonderfully nutritious ingredients and comes with a therapeutic dose of Life & Soul liquid. It boasts a skin, joint, hair, gut and nail boosting amount of my favourite Skinful Marine Collagen too.
- ½ cup of apple purée
- 3 soft prunes
- 1 tablespoon of runny tahini
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons of jumbo oats
- 2 tablespoons of raw coconut chips
- 1 ½ tablespoons of Bare Biology's Skinful Marine Collagen Powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons Life & Soul Omega 3 fish oil liquid
1. Blend your apple with the dates to form a smooth paste.
2. Decant the paste into a bowl and add the tahini/, Skinful and Life & Soul. Mix until smooth.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and fold together, you should have a mix that will hold together but isn’t sloppy. If it’s a little wet add a sprinkle more oats.
4. Leave to sit for 5 minutes.
5. Line a small tin with parchment paper or use a silicone loaf tin/cupcake moulds.
6. Give your mix a final stir and decant into your chosen container.
7. Press the mixture down and pop into the freezer to harden for at least 60 minutes.
8. When it's ready, cut the mixture into bars.
7. Keep frozen and use within 3 months. They should be ready to eat if left on the side for 5-10 minutes to warm a little.
Phoebe began Natural Nourishment to share her recipes and give clear, unbiased nutritional guidance. This evolved into a clinical practice. Phoebe helps her clients utilise ingredients, methods and positive lifestyle choices to optimise all aspects of mental and physical wellbeing.