Naturally sweet, packed with protein and full of health boosting antioxidants these collagen pancakes are the perfect option to keep you fuller for longer.
Recipe makes 6 small pancakes or 3 large ones
- 1 cup of buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ cup of Skinful Marine Collagen Powder
- ½ cup of hemp protein powder or hulled hempseeds
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of butter, ghee or coconut oil
- ½ cup of frozen blueberries (you can find these in Wholefoods!) or you can use fresh blueberries
- 150ml of milk of your choice
- Toppings: We recommend cinnamon and yoghurt but the world is your oyster!
1. If using hulled hempseed, give them a whizz in a processor until they become a coarse powder.
2. Mix all your dry ingredients together. Whisk up the eggs and add to the dry ingredients.
3. Add the milk and vanilla and whisk.
4. Add the blueberries. If you're using frozen blueberries you may need to adjust the amount of milk to get a nice thick batter.
5. Heat 1 teaspoon of butter, ghee or coconut oil in a pan but don’t let it get too hot.
6. Ladle mixture into a pan until you get the size you want.
7. Cook on one side until bubbles appear and they look firm. This usually takes 2-3 minutes depending on thickness and size.
8. Turn over and cook for another minute.
9. Eat straight away or store them in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Share a photo of your Skinful recipe on social and use hashtag #mybarebiology to be in with a chance of winning a free product. A winner is picked every Friday.