This is our favourite hot chocolate recipe, perfect to cosy up with on a chilly afternoon. The combination of the coconut milk and oil make it really rich and creamy.
Cacao is a great alternative to the over-processed jars of instant hot chocolate you find in supermarkets. Full of minerals including high amounts of iron and zinc, cacao's also an excellent source of magnesium which is used in some of the body’s most important biological processes. Although cacao is naturally low in caffeine, it does contain theobromine, itself a gentle stimulant - perfect if you need an afternoon pick-me-up! Even a small amount of cacao can trigger those lovely feel-good endorphins that can really help to improve focus, mood and energy.
It may feel odd to add coconut oil to your drink, but this super food is brimming with good saturated fats that can help keep hunger at bay until dinner.
So enjoy this decadent hot chocolate guilt-free knowing it's doing your mind and body good.
- 150ml coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
- 1.5 tablespoons cacao powder
- 0.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Bare Biology's Skinful Marine Collagen Powder
1. Heat milk until warm
2. Pour into a food processor with remaining ingredients and blend until smooth
3. Pour into your favourite mug and enjoy
Read more tips on how to take your collagen powder and our ultimate guide to collagen powder.