It’s about time we tried a keto collagen recipe! Made with Skinful Pure Marine Collagen Powder, these chocolate orange cups from Modern Food Stories are the perfect mid-afternoon pick-me-up or post workout snack.
Makes 12 mini cups
Hands on time: 10 minutes
Overall time: 40 minutes
Storage: Fridge for 1 week in an airtight Tupperware or freeze for up to 3 months
- 100g cacao butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp raw cacao (35g)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp powdered erythritol (43g) or 3tbps of maple to taste
- Optional: 1 - 2 drops liquid stevia
- 1 tbsp Bare Biology’s Pure Marine Collagen Powder Skinful
- 1tsp orange zest + 1/4 tsp orange extract
- Pinch of sea or pink Himalayan salt
- You need silicone cupcake cases or paper ones
- Place the cacao butter and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl. Place bowl over a pan of boiling water and simmer on a medium/ low heat until melted.
- Turn off the heat and add the remaining ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Give it a try and adjust sweetness to taste. It’s best to start with less and add more.
- Pour the chocolate mix into your mini silicone cupcake cases. You can use larger ones and make fewer cups.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until set, and enjoy!
“Food is one of life’s most powerful medicines. I believe the secret to radiant health starts and ends with a healthy gut, so my recipes are all grain, gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. I love wholesome natural food. Heaps of vegetables, eggs, nuts, organic meat, fish and some low GI fruits as a treat. For me, it’s about keeping things simple but using these food groups in a fun, creative way to nourish and support your body.” Jo, founder of Modern Food Stories.